Everyone’s searching for the most energizing superfood for breakfast – it is after all, the most important meal of the day. But what if we told you that the undefeated champion has literally been under your nose this entire time? Porridge might not seem all that exciting, but a warming bowl of this sweet stuff in the morning is the exactly what every Free Athlete needs to power through a cold winter. And to make it a little more exciting, we’ve put a delicious, Freeletics twist on your grandma’s favorite.
Let’s heat up the stove …
- 50 gram fine oats
- 200 ml almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp (de-oiled) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp natural peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 pinch salt
- 200 gram soy yogurt (unsweetened)
- Heat up almond milk with a pinch of salt in a sauce pan.
- Stir in oats and cocoa
- Cook on low heat for approx. 15 minutes and stir occasionally to form a thick puree.
- Take saucepan off stove and stir in the peanut butter and banana.
- Mash banana with a fork while folding it into porridge.
Serve porridge alongside the soy yogurt.