Chocolate, coconut, dates: can you think of a more mouth-watering combination? We can’t. That’s why we’ve come up with a recipe that includes all three. All you need are the following 4 ingredients to create some simple, sugar-free energy balls that will transform your Christmas cookie platter this year.
Recipe makes 24 balls
- 400g dates
- 200g almonds
- 30g raw cacao powder
- 200g coconut flakes
- Soak dates in warm water for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Drain water from dates and using a hand blender, mix together with almonds and cacao powder until a sticky consistency is formed.
- Using the palms of your hands, roll the mixture into balls slightly smaller than a golf ball.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes onto a plate and roll the balls until they are completely covered.
- Transfer into an airtight container and refrigerate for a couple of days or enjoy straight away if you can’t wait – we know the feeling!