Everyone loves cookies at Christmas. And the great news is, this year you won’t be faced with the fear of missing out on the things you love. Or giving into temptation and feeling like you’ve lost all willpower you worked so hard to develop. You are a Free Athlete. You work hard all year round. Why should Christmas be any different?
To support you this season, here’s something special. A Freeletics alternative. A Christmas cookie recipe that’s just as good as the classics. Only this one fits your healthy lifestyle, is simple to prepare and you can easily take with you to friends and family.
for approx. 20 cookies
- 120g dried dates
- 120g ground almonds
- 3 tbsp coconut flour (de-oiled)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp de-oiled cocoa powder (baking cocoa)
- Allow dates to soak in warm water for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Blend dates with a blender or immersion blender until creamy.
- Mix pureed dates with ground almonds, coconut flour and cinnamon until it forms a firm dough. Add a little coconut flour if needed.
- Split the dough in two halves and mix one with the cocoa powder.
- Roll out both doughs 0,5 cm thick on a (baking) sheet or a flat plate and allow to set in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Cut out cookies with a cookie cutter and decorate as you like (e.g. with coconut flakes, dark chocolate with a high cocoa content, cocoa powder…)
- Enjoy guilt free. Or prepare in batches and share with family and friends to show just how good Eating Clean can taste.
Tried and tested our healthy cookies? We want to know your thoughts. Get your hands on a Freeletics logo cookie cutter and send us your pictures to email@example.com or use the hashtag #Freeleticscookies.
Enjoy a great Christmas, guilt free.