Hussain Manawer is a poet, musician, and mental health advocate from England. Throughout his life, he’s faced plenty of intimidating challenges and daunting situations, and he’s learned the importance of developing a healthy and resilient mindset.
Now, Hussain is taking part in his own Freeletics transformation journey (you can follow his progress in the app) and is learning even more about mentality and the mind.
Want to follow in his footsteps? This is how Hussain helps maintain a healthy and strong mindset:
- When you’re faced with a challenging situation, take some time to consider and evaluate before facing it. Putting things into perspective can make even the biggest mountain seem achievable. It’s all about going step by step.
- Don’t try and avoid challenges. Facing daunting tasks head-on is always the best way to go. Not only will you get a immense sense of achievement, but you’ll likely complete it faster and painlessly.
- Expect that you’ll deliver and reach your goals and keep a positive mentality. Believing that you’ll achieve is half the battle towards getting there.
- Keep the bar low. Think about the fundamental things you want to achieve or change and focus on these. Take anything above this as a bonus.
- Find a way to stretch your brain creatively. This could be mindset coaching, mindfulness activities or even more traditional creative pursuits like writing or painting. Writing things down isn’t only a great way to process things, but is also a means by which to exercise and train your brain. We’re so accustomed to thinking logically and repressing creative instinct, that allocating time to express ourselves can actually serve as a welcome and productive change for our minds.
Ready to take your mindset coaching to the next level? Get even more mental training with the new Freeletics Mindset Coach, available in your Freeletics app now.